Fix for RTX Graphics Cards rebooting Dell XPS 8700
Symptons: NVidia RTX 2060, 2070 and 2080 cards cause random reboots in Dell XPS 8700 computers on low demmaning softwares like browsers or 3D viewers.
Solution: Disable PCI Express Link State Power Management
- Click on the Start Menu and then type "Power Options" to open the app with the green battery icon.
- Select "Change plan settings" for your current power scheme
- Select "Change advanced power settings"
- Disable the PCI Express link state power management.
- No need to disable hybernation, sleep or hybrid sleep
- No need to switch to high performance mode