This article describes how to install DOW Ion Exchange Design Software, CADIX on Windows 10 (64-bits or 32 bits).
Step by step installation
This tutorial was written for Windows 10 64-bits but should work for Windows 10 32-bits, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.
- Download CADIX software from the official DOW Chemical website: http://www.dow.com/en-us/water-and-process-solutions/resources/design-software/cadix-software
- Download the Visual Basic 6.0 Runtime Plus package from Sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/vb6extendedruntime
- Install the Visual Basic 6.0 Runtime Plus package. Select all options available in the list.
- Reboot the computer.
- Run CADIX installer. Make sure you select the option to install to all users in the computer.
- Take note of the installation directory location. We will need that later.
- Once installed, navigate do the destination folder.
- Right click on the cadix.exe file and from the menu select Properties.
- Navigate to the compatibility tab and check Run this Program as an Administrator and then OK.
- In the installation folder, right click again in the cadix.exe file and then select the option Pin to Start, this will create a working shortcut in the Start menu. If you prefer to have a shortcut in the Desktop, keep pressed Crtl+Shift while drag the cadix.exe to the Desktop.
CADIX will run for about one month without restrictions. After this grace period you need to ask an activation key for you DOW Technical Support engineer. The activation keys are renewed every year.